TITLE IX NONDISCRIMINATION STATEMENT (All Grade Levels)
In its efforts to promote nondiscrimination and as required by law, the district does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, age, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law in providing education services, activities, and programs, including Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs. The district provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
In accordance with Title IX, the district does not and is required not to discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities. The requirement not to discriminate extends employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX may be referred to the district’s Title IX Coordinator (see below), to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights of the Department of Education, or both.
Other federal laws that prohibit discrimination include Title VI, Section 504, the Age Discrimination Act, the Boy Scouts Act, and Title II. The district has designated and authorized the following employee as the Title IX Coordinator to address concerns or inquiries regarding discrimination on the basis of sex, including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, or gender-based harassment:
Sandra T. Hernandez
315 Griner St.
Reports can be made at any time and by any person, including during non-business hours, by mail, phone, or email. During district business hours, reports may also be made in person. Upon the district receiving notice or an allegation of sex-based harassment, the Title IX Coordinator will promptly respond in accordance with the process described at FFH(LOCAL).
The following district representatives have been designated to address concerns or inquiries about other kinds of discrimination:
For concerns regarding discrimination on the basis of disability, see the ADA/Section 504 Coordinator:
Ms. Monica Luna
Director of Special Education
For all other concerns regarding discrimination, see the superintendent:
Dr. Carlos H. Rios
Superintendent of Schools
The San Felipe Del Rio Consolidated Independent School District (“SFDRCISD”) is committed to making the information on its website accessible to individuals with disabilities in compliance with the requirements of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader, eye tracking device, voice recognition software, etc.) and have difficulty accessing information on the SFDRCISD website, please contact Reno Luna (Director of Technology Integration & Communication Services) by phone at (830) 778-4164 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. When requesting assistance via email, please write “Accessibility” on the subject line. Please also include the following when communicating with SFDRCISD regarding accessibility issues:
- A description of your accessibility concern.
- The format in which you prefer to receive the materials.
- The web page address of the requested material(s).
- The best way to contact you (email address or phone number, or both).
SFDRCISD will make appropriate accommodations to ensure prompt access to any website content.
TITLE IX TRAINING
San Felipe Del Rio CISD’s Title IX Coordinator and administrators have attended Eichelbaum Wardell Hansen Powell & Muñoz P.C.’s “New Title IX Rules and Regulations” series. Materials from this series in compliance with Section 106.45(b)(10)(i)(D) of the regulations can be found here: http://www.edlaw.com/materials/new-title-ix-rules-and-regulations-materials.aspx.
Complaints regarding website accessibility may be filed by members of the community through the Public Complaint process outlined in Board Policy GF (link to policy). Additionally, students and parents may file a complaint regarding website accessibility through the Student and Parent Complaint/Grievances process outlined in Board Policy FNG (link to policy).
Please note that some pages on the SFDRCISD website contain links to third-party sites, which are not within SFDRCISD’s control and that may not comply with accessibility standards. SFDRCISD is not responsible for the content or accessibility of third-party sites.
- FB — Equal Educational Opportunity
- FFH — Student Welfare: Freedom from Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation
- FNE — Student Rights and Responsibilities: Pregnant Students
- FNG — Student Rights and Responsibilities: Student and Parent Complaints/Grievances
- DIA — Employee Welfare: Freedom from Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation
- DGBA — Personnel-Management Relations: Employee Complaints/Grievances
- SFDR Website Compliance 2022-2023 v14
- SFDR Website Compliance 2022-2023 v13
- SFDR Website Compliance 2021- 2022 v12
- SFDR Website Compliance 2021- 2022 v11
- SFDR Website Compliance 2018- 2019 v10
- SFDR Website Compliance 2018- 2019 v9
- SFDR Website Compliance 2018- 2019 v8
- SFDR Website Compliance 2017- 2018 v7
- SFDR Website Compliance 2017- 2018 v6
- SFDR Website Compliance 2017- 2018 v5
- SFDR Website Compliance 2017- 2018 v4
- SFDR Website Compliance 2017- 2018 v3
- SFDR Website Compliance 2016- 2017 v2
- SFDR Website Compliance 2016- 2017 v1