Keeping the public informed on facility improvements, renovations, and the 2019 Bond Program
It is SFDRCISD’s mission is to prepare the setting for 21st Century Learners. Embracing the community’s values and vision for student achievement and success, the District’s Facilities and Operations Department plans, designs, constructs and completes educational and support facilities that promote the district’s Strategic Plan and Facility Master Plan in the most cost effective and innovative manner.
In 2014, SFDRCISD has increased learning opportunities by committing $25 million towards the construction of the Gerardo Maldonado CTE Center, the Blended Academy, the SFDRCISD Early College High School, restroom and concession stand renovations at Del Rio High School, and the Student Performance Center (SPC) and Administration Building.
Since then, the District has completed and continues to make other large and small capital improvements which enhance and support programmatic needs. The majority of these projects are funded out of the District’s maintenance and operations budget.
In 2019, the voters approved a $19 million bond for the construction of the Ceniza Hills Elementary School. Work on this project began in 2021 and is scheduled for completion in time for the start of the 2023-2024 school year.
- Buena Vista Elementary and Dr. Fermin Calderon Elementary Future Renderings
- Cody Wardlaw Gym Views
- Roberto “Bobby” Barrera Elementary STEM Magnet School
- SFDR High School Campus Master Plan - Library, Student Services, & Administrative Center
- SFDR High School Campus Master Plan - Performing Arts Center
- SFDR High School Campus Master Plan - Student Patio
- Sports Complex - Baseball Field
- Sports Complex - Ram Band Marching Pad
- Sports Complex - Road Connecting Main St. & Wildcat Drive
- Sports Complex - Sports Complex & Field House