Students will analyze and assess current and emerging technologies, while designing and creating multimedia projects that address customer needs and resolve a problem. Students apply technology for presentation systems, graphics and animation.
- MCAS PowerPoint 2007 ACA Flash CS3
- Adobe Flash CS5 – Creating Graphics and Animation (Certification – ACA Flash CS5)
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 – Graphic and Image Editing (Certification – ACA Photoshop CS5)
Students gain advanced knowledge and skills in the application, design, production, implementation, maintenance, evaluation, and assessment of products, services, and systems. Knowledge and skills in the proper use of analytical skills and application of information technology concepts and standards are essential to prepare students for success in a technology-driven society. Critical thinking, information technology experience, and product development may be conducted in a classroom setting with an industry mentor, as an unpaid internship, or as career preparation.
Students develop computer literacy skills to adapt to emerging technologies used in the global marketplace. Students implement personal and interpersonal skills to prepare for a rapidly evolving workplace environment. Students apply technology for word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation systems and basic Web design.
- MCAS Word 2007
- Adobe Fireworks CS5 – Creating Graphics
- Adobe InDesign CS5 – Desktop Publishing and Page Layout Program. Students work with text and graphics to develop professional looking newsletters, brochures, books and other types of publications.
- Adobe Contribute CS5 – Very Basic Web design and editing
- Adobe Bridge CS5 – File management system for Adobe programs
Emphasizes mastery of touch control of keyboard characters to address business applications of emerging technologies. Students will need to apply touch system data entry for production of business documents.
Through the study of web technologies and design, students learn to make informed decisions and apply the decisions to the field of information technology. Students apply HTML Web Design language and Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 to innovative Web sites for Business and Personal use.
- ACA Dreamweaver CS3
- Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 – Web Design (Certification – ACA Dreamweaver CS5)
**Indicates Tech Prep Credit